The call for projects is now closed.
- The PDF version of the call for project is available here.
- Guidelines for authors are available here.
The NUMEDIART Institute for Creative Technology of University of Mons, Belgium, invites project proposals for eNTERFACE’15 the 11th Summer Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces, to be held in Mons, Belgium, from August 10th to September 4th, 2015.
Following the success of the previous eNTERFACE workshops held in Mons, Belgium (2005), Dubrovnik, Croatia (2006), Istanbul, Turkey (2007), Paris, France (2008), Genova, Italy (2009), Amsterdam, Netherlands (2010), Plzen, Czech Republic (2011), Metz, France (2012), Lisbon, Portugal (2013) and Bilbao, Spain (2014), eNTERFACE’15 aims at continuing and enhancing the tradition of collaborative, localized research and development work by gathering, in a single place, leading researchers in multimodal interfaces and students to work on specific projects for 4 complete weeks.
eNTERFACE’15 will also host the CUTE’15 (Culture and Technology) summer masterclasses on August 28th and 29th, with four keynote teachers on themes related to multimodal interfaces for the arts.
The ultimate goal is to make this event a unique opportunity for students and experts all over the world to meet and effectively work together, so as to foster the development of tomorrow’s multimodal research community.
The results of the projects are expected to be published in the Workshop proceedings. Authors of eNTERFACE’15 reports will be invited to a special issue of Journal of Multimodal User Interfaces (Springer) or Transactions on Creative Technologies (EAI). CUTE will be freely open to eNTERFACE participants.
The proposed projects can cover one or several of the topics listed below (although the list is not exhaustive).
In the framework of MONS2015 (Mons will be a European capital of culture in 2015), projects involving creative technologies are particularly welcome this year.
- Multimodal signal analysis and synthesis
- Intuitive interfaces and personalized systems in real and virtual environments
- Assistive technologies for education and social inclusion
- Assistive and rehabilitation technologies
- Search in multimedia and multilingual documents
- Affective and social signal processing
- Multimodality for biometrics and security
- Innovative musical interfaces
- Augmented reality
- Embodied agents
- Human-robot and human-environment interactions in smart environments
- Multimodal conversational systems
- Self-learning and adapting systems
- Innovative modalities and modalities conversion
- Applications of Multimodal interfaces
- Performing arts applications
- Teleoperation and telerobotics
The important dates can be found here.
Proposals should be submitted in PDF format to email@example.com. They will be evaluated by the eNTERFACE Steering Committee with respect to suitability to the workshop goals and format. Authors of the accepted proposals will then be invited to build their teams.